Why Everybody Is Talking About NOMMA…


The Simple Truth Revealed

MoFab Inc. and NOMMA (National Ornamental and Miscellaneous Metals Association) have had a relationship since they were both founded. Both will be celebrating their 60th Anniversary in 2018.

NOMMA was formed in 1958 to serve the ornamental and miscellaneous metals industry. It is headquartered in Lawrenceville, Georgia. They currently have about 600 members of which Mofab was the 14th to join in the nation. NOMMA is strongly committed to improving the industry through education and advocacy work.

MoFab, Inc. company founder, Bill Hains, was the President of NOMMA in 1975. He had served on the NOMMA board of Directors for several years, as second Vice-President for two years and convention chairman in 1973 and 1974. At the Atlanta convention in February 1975, Bill as NOMMA President, appointed the first Museum Committee. The idea was to create a national museum to preserve and promote the craft of ornamental metalworking. Bill was one of 29 founders of the museum. The museum is open today for visits in Memphis, Tennessee.

Every year NOMMA has a convention called METALfab. This year the convention is co-locating with FENCETECH in San Antonio, Texas. Attendees stay very busy with education classes, exhibits, and networking with their peers.

Max Hains is currently the Vice President/Treasurer of NOMMA and is slated to be the President-Elect for 2017.

MoFab is an active member of the local, Upper Midwest Chapter (UMWC). The UMWC covers OH, MI, IN, IL, WI, MO, and IA. It is the largest and strongest chapter of NOMMA in the nation. Max Hains II and Mason Hains have been involved in the leadership of this chapter since 2012. Mason Hains, serving as Secretary since 2012, now current Vice President. Max Hains II serving as Vice President since 2012, now current President.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Archive
Search By Tags
No tags yet.
Follow Us
  • Facebook Basic Square
  • Twitter Basic Square
  • Google+ Basic Square

© 2016 by MoFab Incorporated.  All Rights Reserved since 1958.